Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tron Tasm

I've been living in a Tron fantasy for a few weeks in addition to my usual apocalypse one, and when I found this Egyptian ancient astronaut esque KTZ dress I couldn't resist. It's lacking the flourescent extravaganza of Tron, but it has all of the fake controls and buttons that I could ever hope for. I watched this history channel documentary about ancient aliens and perhaps their influence on ancient cultures and the high contrast of the supposed alien spacecraft technology with two dimensional artwork of Egyptian, Sumerian, and Mayan cultures is such a delicious mix and reminds me of this dress. I also feel like I'm in Giger painting. SO many good things in one dress. I also found this AMAZING Victorian chainmail purse, that I'm wearing as a necklace and my new weasel/fox/mink (?- I'm not sure it's too big to be a mink and has too many fine hairs to be a fox) friend that is grotesquely wonderful. I'm also wearing my goathair Nicholas Kirkwoods. I'm slowly moving towards pastels (too hard)- and my lavender lipstick is a nice step.IMG_2082IMG_2103IMG_2080IMG_2094IMG_2104 Alien, Giger

19 comments:

Amanda said...

love the ktz dress..i watched the same show on history channel, really interesting. where did you get your lipstick? i'm looking for a shade like that.

elizabeth said...

Make Up Forever or something, it's at Sephora. It's not technically lipstick- it's supposed to be eye creme or cheek creme but whatever. They have this awesome ice blue that I want too.

Unknown said...

Super amazing dress, styled like you mean it! Still enamoured by the Kirkwoods. Great post!

william said...

Love the gareth x lvr ad :)

Style Scanner said...

Love the lavender lipstick! I have 'British' teeth so might need to stick with my Barry M 60's pastel pink shade...
Tron-tasticness!

InnyVinny said...

That dress screams Giger painting...without the obvious, umm, "references." LOL

I love it.

Amanda said...

thanks elizabeth! make up forever is the best for color, should have guessed

Ross said...

That dress is kind of creepy, in a more 50's futurama horror flick.

Anonymous said...

there is a similarity between you and the alien... but your outfit is great!

Kristy said...

Holy god, that dress is the embodiment of my ideal aesthetic. Where might one find something like that?

NIGEL NO TRENDS said...

Cool dress. Reminds me of something W&LT would've done in the 90's.

Anonymous said...

kjfal;ksdjfa;sldkfja;lsdfkj
LOVELOVELOVELOVEOVELOVELOVELOVE
did you make the feathers? ugh. CREATIVE PEOPLE DOING CREATIVE THINGS ALL THE TIME. meow. lovelovelovelovelovelovelove.
your secret admirer,
sue
ps LAUVE YOUR LIAPSTIOCK.

Anonymous said...

PS BETH BLOG OWNER APPROVAL. FEOCK THEAT WHEO IS TEALKING SHIOT? PPS DEONT "APPREOAUVE" THIAS. SMEOKE A BEOGUE WHEN WE ARE BEACK?
THIS IS SUSAN BY THE WAY. MARR. WILLIAMSON. SORRY. DON'T.

Aleisha Z said...

Wow just stumbled across your blog an it is so good! You have rad style babe. Definately following now xo

http://norockwithoutplastic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

who makes your tights?

e said...

Check out Lime Crime for lipstick - it's my friend Xenia's line. She has light blue, lavender, black, etc, and is releasing ten new colors soon! They're SO bright and actual lipsticks too. limecrimemakeup.com

Harrisburg accident attorneys said...

That is one hot dress! Ive never seen anything like this sold in any of stores around here.

Grace said...

God, you inspire me. Maybe the only blog I read that does. You are wonderful.

Izumihiiiflower said...

your outfit is perfect *_*