Friday, January 8, 2010

This Is Not a Pipe

I hadn't posted a good picture of the brilliance of the Gareth Pugh jacket yet, and I wanted to capture the simplicity and yet complexity of the pattern. The back is perhaps my favorite element with the triangle vent and princess seam along with the lamenated cotton material that feels perhaps just as lucious as leather. My styling is in the same spirit of the surrealist master Magritte- his exploration of identity and things appearing one way but being another. Plastic surgery make-up marking, and 'feathers'=margritte modern tribal deliciousness. IMG_2122IMG_2125IMG_2127IMG_2123IMG_2134

9 comments:

Ross said...

Those aren't real feathers are they, their printed right?

Shay said...

wicked, dear! Think I've said this before, but I really, really love your blog. Unique and refreshing.

ZO said...

Those Magritte inspired feathers are ACE. Magritte is ACE. ACE!

Anonymous said...

your make up is freaking amazing.

Briana said...

how are you so innovative and awesome?!

Six Six Sick said...

The plastic surgery make-up marking is brilliant. And I love those feathers.
xx
Tiffany

theartbox said...

So Great!
This is not a pipe is an awesome book.

Gio Goi Tops said...

Great pics! Really wicked!

Izumihiiiflower said...

great shooting

so pretty <3